Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day at the Zoo

So we debated all day about whether to go to the zoo all morning, and finally decided to go. I am SO glad we did! We thought it would be crowded because of the free admission, but it wasn't at all. It WAS hot but that is to be expected here in Arizona. Family outings like this are few and far between with us and I was so glad that we decided to go. I thought it was a really nice zoo, the only thing I would do differently next time is pay the $3 for the little tram ride so we dont have to walk. It is a very hilly path and there was a lot of uphill times, and pushing a stroller uphill in the 100 degree heat is not so fun. But it wasn't too bad. Ayden I think had a really good time. I was worried about him because we didn't get there till about 2 and he hadn't taken a nap at all. I thought he would probably get grumpy part way through, but he was so good! He would check out the animals with his serious face on, it was so cute! His favorite part was when we cam across this little water park that had little fountains of water coming out to play in. We thought, why not the poor baby looked like he was going to pass out from the heat, so we took him in. I wasn't sure how he'd react, but he loved it! Brian and I just kind sat back on the benches and watched him play for a long while. We then let him walk along the path with us (which he loved), he would always veer off and go the wrong way though :) But all in all I think it was a great family day!
Me and AydenAyden at his favorite part of the zoo, the water playground!Finally we have an up to date family photo, even if there are flamingos in the background!Here are my favorite animals, the otters and the orangutansHere is Ayden, about 2 seconds after we put him into the car! Poor baby was exhausted!

3 comments:

Casey said...

Oh gosh, it looks like you guys had a great time Marie. I'm so glad. Get on gmail more so we can chat or else!!

*Katie May* said...

Looks like you had fun. Poor Ayden looks like he was roasting so I am sure he loved that water! :)

Reeds said...

Wow! It has been a little while since I have gone blogging and your entire page is new to me. The zoo, the park, the tantrums, Pima trip, I love the picture of Ayden smiling with the candy! Sounds like you guys are having fun, despite the Ayden tantrums. See ya.