Monday, September 8, 2008

Penny Watch '08

So Thursday Ayden swallowed a penny (surprise, surprise! I'm actually shocked that he hasn't swallowed anything until now seeing as he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth). I'm actually the big person to blame because I was playing with him and I didn't realize he had it in his mouth and I think that's what made him swallow it. Let me tell you, it is absolutely terrifying to be home alone with your baby that is choking! It was so scary and something I never want to have to go through again. So we have been checking his diapers since then waiting for it and it still hadn't come, so I called his doctor and she told me what I had been dreading, we have to go get an x-ray. Let me also tell you, x-rays are NOT cheap! So after dishing out a ton of money for an x-ray they told us that there was indeed a penny in there BUT they couldn't tell where it was because usually babies have gas in their tummy's and since Ayden had no such gas (which is crazy, because Ayden is the gassiest baby I know) they didn't know where it was. So NOW, we have to wait 3 day's and if no penny shows up we have to take him BACK and pay again for another x-ray. This penny is ending up costing us an arm and a leg so lets just hope this thing shows up. All I can say for Ayden is, sorry in advance for all the prunes your gonna be eating in the next 3 day's. We DO have something to show for all the money lost, here is Ayden's X-Ray. It's kinda cool to look at and you can see the penny (It's right in the middle of the pic) :)

5 comments:

Casey said...

WHAT THE! Is that thing on the right the penny? That is insane if it is. If it's not I don't see it. Haha. That is so scary that you had to go through you baby choking. I hope it comes out in his poop soon.

*Katie May* said...

Pretty crazy! We have been lucky and it hasn't ever happened with our kids(knock on wood) I have found plenty of money in their mouth though :S Hope you see the penny soon! (And I don't mean in another x-ray!)

Sara said...

I'm sorry - that is really scary! (and expensive...) I hope that things comes out really soon!

Casey said...

is it the white thing way up in his ribs?

Reeds said...

WOW! That is crazy! That really is a cool x-ray though =) I had a blast on the Mt. hanging out and playing games-I'm glad everybody was there.