Monday, October 29, 2007

keeping up with the jones'

So today Brian and I were talking and I brought up that a friend of mine gets a scrapbooking kit every month. I guess I was kinda trying to hint that I should be able to get one too and he told me that I do this alot. Compare myself to other people trying to get stuff. He said that I like to try to keep up with the Jones'. Even though in a way it's true, I was a little offended. I know I want alot of stuff; I wanna make our house look nice, I like to buy scrapbook stuff, clothes, baby stuff, and of course hair stuff! But I really thought that I do a pretty good job at controlling my spending. I really do try to keep spending money to only the things I need, but I guess I just like to day-dream about all the things I can't have. I really wanna do better because I really shouldn't be doing this. I am SO lucky to have what I have. I have a really nice apartment, a lot of clothes and hair stuff (ALOT of hair stuff), lots of scapbooking stuff, and most importantly a loving, wonderful husband who alway's puts the needs of his family before his own, and a beautiful baby! I really am a very lucky girl and I think I need to stop focusing on what I dont have and focus on all the things that I do have. Thank you Brian for everything that you give me, I LOVE you!

Okay Secondly, here is my daily something. Ayden was such a stinker today. Im not sure what was wrong with him, but unless we would hold him he would just scream, not cry, scream! We tried leaving him in his crib and letting him cry it out, but he wouldn't stop! Anyway's about 6:30 I set him down by the TV, and it worked! The ONE thing Ayden cant resist, Television! I guess he really is my son! He is still sitting here watching it, just spitting and playing. What a little couch potato. Anyway's, Im just glad he is finally happy with something :)

2 comments:

Renee Richins said...

What's Ayden watching?

*Katie May* said...

That's great! I love all the picks.