Thursday, August 30, 2007

baby talk

So Ayden has started talking! Okay, not really... but he does make these cute little baby noises. The other day I was playing with him and I growled at him. And he talked back! It went back and forth for a minute or two, and it was soooo cute! He does it all the time now and this morning it was almost like he was trying to sing :) It's so funny to hear his little voice instead of just cries. Oh, speaking of cries, I was making dinner tonight and he started crying. I had stuff all over my hands so I just waited till I was done to get him. When I got over to him he had big teardrops coming down his face! It was heart-breaking! I have seen him just get wet around the eyes but never full-blown tears! I felt so bad, but I guess I better get used to it. I'm sure I'll see alot of tears from him in his life time :( Oh, today I went to Once upon a Child (great used baby store by the way!) and got him a Johny Jumper toy for only $8. It's the little bungee type seat that hangs from the door. We put him in it just for fun and he didn't like it much. He has a hard time holding his head up still. But I bet in a couple of months he will love it! I think it would be fun to go in myself, too bad they don't make grown up one's :) We also got him some cute shirts and pajama's that were on sale. I'm such a sucker for a bargain. I LOVE getting stuff on sale!

2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Landon loves his Johnny. I too always wanted to have an adult one it would be soo much fun :) I heard the Goodwill out there by you guys has awesome clothes for baby practicaly new because all the ritzy people just get rid of them. Let me know if you want to go there sometime. I would love to go check it out.

Sara said...

Reilly never did get to like his, but I think it's because he never made the whole "jumping" connection. He would probably freak out if I tried to put him in it now, cause he likes to move around by himself. He has very strong opinions.