So I have decided that enough is enough. I am determined to get Ayden to sleep through the night. I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I am gonna stay positive and hopeful. So, I figured since I have no idea how to get him to do this, I was gonna turn to the Baby Whisperer lady. I read the book and was pretty embarrassed to find that I do all the, "Not to do" things. I always feed him on-demand and have no schedule whatsoever. I was also shocked to learn that a baby Ayden's age should be sleeping about 8 hours a night! I cant even remember what it's like to sleep for 8 hours straight. That would just be amazing. Anyways, I have taken the Baby Whisperer's advice and I'm changing my ways. Today we followed the schedule really good, so we will have to see how tonight goes. Last night was real hard! She says that a baby shouldn't HAVE to wake up in the middle of the night, because they take in enough calories during the day to sleep all night. But some babies wake up anyways for the oral stimulation, and she says to substitute that for a pacifier. I thought she was nut's and that Ayden would see right through this little trick and want some real food! But when he woke up last night I tried it and it worked! It took about a half an hour to get him back to sleep, but he did without eating. She says that the time should get shorter and shorter until eventually he sleeps right through that little period he used to wake up. It was tough though, I wanted so bad to just give in and feed him. I felt like I was starving him or something, but when I realized he could go to sleep without the food I felt alot better. She also says not to make that play time and to not smile or encourage him playing. Which was so hard cause he was so smily! But the book is so good, by doing her schedule I can now know what he wants better, and that food isn't the universal solution to every problem he has. If you haven't read it, it's definitely worth the read! Lets just hope that for my sake, it can really get him to sleep through the night!
I Do Now
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment