Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Roll

Today was GREAT! It was just one of those really nice easy going days. The weather outside was so nice, the house is clean, and Ayden was in a really good mood. And the best part was we didnt turn our air conditioner on all day! I cant wait to see our electric bill for this month! Yay! I just love this time of year, when it gets cold and I see all the holiday stuff out. I even felt like making a fall treat, a pumpkin roll. Now a pumpkin roll is one of those things that I thought were too hard, and only old relief society ladies could know how to make them. But my friend Tiffany made one this weekend and gave me the recipe. It really wasn't hard at all. It does take some time, but it is pretty easy. For anyone who wants to try and make it, it's really not hard and its REALLY yummy! Here is the recipe:

Cake-
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
Mix ingredients together. Spray cookie sheet and line with wax paper (leave a little hanging over the edge of cookie sheet). Spray wax paper also. Pour mixture onto wax paper. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Sprinkle powdered sugar on a dish towel. Hold onto sides of wax paper and flip the pumpkin bread onto the dish towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Filling-
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. butter
1 cup powdered sugar
Unroll cake. Spread topping and roll back up (not with towel :)) Wrap in foil and freeze. I let it sit in the freezer for a while and then precut slices, that way we dont have to dirty a knife every time we want a piece.

4 comments:

Casey said...

Looks yum-a-lummy.

*Katie May* said...

mmmmm.... I lOVE pumpkin rolls!!!

Clint and Tiffany said...

YAY! I'm so glad that it worked for you! I've been craving a piece of ours all day and I think now I'll have to cave and go grab a slice! :0) I FINALLY went to the dentist... YEAH. Not so good. Not so bad either though. Just cavaties, so I guess I'll count my blessings, floss more and brush really well after I eat my pumpkin roll!! :D

Reeds said...

Gotta love the pumpkin rolls. I wish I was nearby to have a yummy taste =) Looks delicious.