As I thought about it I decided that I really DID want to work. I love doing hair and don't get to do near enough work as I'd like. So I decided to set my sight's a little higher and found a really nice upscale salon close to where we live. I sent in my resume thinking this place would never even write me back. I heard back a couple of day's later and had sort of a mini interview over the phone and they asked if I would come in for a real interview. The interview went great and they asked me to come in and bring in a model to do a cut and color on. My sister-in-law Karen was a life saver and agreed to be my model. I was SO stressed out and nervous, I think the most nervous I have EVER been! Despite being totally nervous I was super proud of Karen's hair and they said that they would give me a call. After a few day's of nervously awaiting their phone call, it came today. They decided they were going to pass. I was a little bit devastated because I was getting REALLY excited for this job! They didn't even give me a reason why (which I now regret not asking!). But I did my best and am really proud of the work I did, and that's all I can do.
As the disappointment is wearing off I think this was a good thing. Trying to schedule both Brian and I working and eventually Brian's school would have been tough. I love being a stay at home mom and I think I would have had a hard time dealing with working instead of being home with them. I think for now, this is where I'm supposed to be. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and that he knows what is best for us.
Out of all of this has come a project that has been over a year in the making! I'm finally starting a hair blog! Please check it out and if you have any hair related questions leave them in the comments and I'd love to answer them!

3 comments:
Sorry you didn't get it but I'm glad your staying postive. I know you do awesome hair so its their loss but like you said Timing is everything
Way to be positive about it. You are probably right too. Someone once told me that we'd be amazed at how much the Lord's hand is in every day of our life!
Personally I can't even imagine trying to have a family and a job. It'd be awful, there's no way I could keep up! But people do it, so it is possible. :)
A hair blog!! SO FUN!
you made a good choice marie! I use to work at cost cutters and trust me i would rather be at home with my kids...By the way im sure that they passed you up because they were intimidated by your awesomeness :)
Whitney stailey
Post a Comment