I think it is safe to say that first birthday's are more for the parent's than for the baby. It's a day of reminiscing and a celebration for the fact that you made it through a whole crazy year! I have been thinking back a lot today about the events that took place a year ago. Some memories I try to forget and some make my heart melt all over again. It's fun to think that this time last year I was in newborn bliss! That time when your still in the hospital with this brand new tiny newborn is SO special to me. I get a little bit jealous every time someone I know is getting to go through this.
We are doing a celebration with my family on Sunday (It is also my Daddy's birthday today!) so we just did a few little things with just us. We learned from Ayden that presents really aren't that important to a 1 year old, so we just got her one thing, some princess Lego's.
We found this costume for Ayden, that he likes to wear 24/7. It's Spiderman complete with muscles!
Charlie digging into her first cake. Brian had to wrestle the cupcake liner away from her!
I can't believe how fast this year has passed by! I am so grateful for my little Charlie bear and the sweet spirit she brought into our lives. We love her so much and are so grateful we were chosen as this sweet little girl's parent's.









5 comments:
Such a doll! Time goes by too quickly!
WOW she looks SO grown up! No longer a chunky baby, now she's a chunky toddler!! :O) Cute cupcakes, that's the way to go - cupcakes, frosting and a store bought charm on top! Saves time, energy and stress! I'm all about that!!! Well, I say I am but then I never quite seem to be able to live up to it... oh well! LOL
Oh, it's sooo sad that they are moving into the toddler phase!!! I'm not ready for my baby to be big! But hurray for the birthday. We are looking forward to the celebration. I WANT SOME OF THOSE HEADBANDS!! They are WAY cute, you made those? SO FUN!
Are you wondering, "Who the heck is Nicole?" Yeah, that was me! Our computer crashed and so I went to my sister Nicole's house to check my email & blog, and yeah, I left a comment not even thinking that she was signed in and not me! Now you know! :)
You have the CUTEST kids Marie! (And I love your etsy shop!)
Post a Comment