Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to All!

Wow, what a great day it is to be a mommy! I LOVE the fact that there is an entire day each year to honor mommy's. In fact, I wouldn't be opposed to setting aside a few more of these day's every year :) Sometime's it is still so hard to believe that I actually AM a mommy. I am so grateful that I am! My children have been the greatest gift of my lifetime and I can't believe that I was entrusted with their sweet little spirits. I love them more than I can say! The day both of these sweet babies entered my life they had me wrapped around their finger.
And to my sweet mother in-law, happy mother's day! During our dating day's Brian and I mostly chatted on-line (since we were living in 2 different cities). In one of our very first conversation's he sent me this picture (the butterfly one) of his mom and said it was his favorite picture of her. I knew from that moment that he was a total momma's boy, I mean who send's someone they like a picture of their mom during their first few conversations! Brian has such a great love and respect for his Mom and even though he teases (and she teases back :)), he really IS a momma's boy. I am so grateful for such a kind and caring mother in-law. She is so easy to talk to and I think more of her as a really great friend than a mother in-law! I can't thank her enough for being such a great mom and raising such an amazing boy for me to marry :)
And of course my mommy! I have so many great memories of my mom taking us to so many fun places when we were young. She tried so hard to find fun things to do around our city and make some great memories for us. Whether it was going to Disneyland, Universal Studios, the museum with the earthquake "ride", all the awesome parks that she found, or just going to the library so I could look at bridal magazines. Now that I have children and know how hard it is to take them ANYWHERE, I'm so grateful for all the things she did with us (often all by herself). I love my mom SO much and am so grateful for all that she did for me! It is also great to be back in the same city as her and be able to see more of her! She is an amazing mother and I hope that I can follow in her footsteps!
P.S. I came across this picture of me as a baby. I think I look like Charlie don't ya think?!

2 comments:

Andy and Michele said...

Happy Mother's Day Marie! You sure are blessed with awesome moms! You are a great mom yourself. I hope you had a wonderful day. P.S. I do see some resemblance!

Clint and Tiffany said...

Love all the pics! It's so fun to see baby pics of parents and compare. I can totally see more of you in your kids now! :O) LOL