Saturday, August 28, 2010

Nesting

So I have been MAJORLY nesting lately! And not in the productive getting my house clean and organized way (much to Brian's disappointment ) but the crafty kind of nesting. I have alway's dreamed about all the cute crafty girly things I was gonna get to make if we were having a girl and now that we are actually having one I hadn't done a thing. Finally the other day I started making some things and I can't stop! I have to remind myself that I do have another child and that ignoring him to make crafts for the new baby isn't exactly winning me any awesome mommy point's. Now that I got most of the things made that I want I'm gonna limit my crafting time to just while Ayden's in preschool :) And I guess it wouldn't hurt to NOT ignore the piling dishes and laundry.

I'm getting SO excited for this baby! I can't believe how close it's getting and I finally feel a little more ready. Although I am totally ready for this little girl to come, I'm having so much fun with just Ayden. It makes me a little sad that these are the last few weeks of just "us". And I feel a little bit guilty that very soon his little world is gonna be totally changed and he has no idea that it's even coming. But we are so excited and very ready (at least I am) for baby girl Cluff to get her little bun's on out here :)

Here are some of the crafty things I have been working on

Trying to girlify Ayden's car seat. I made a removable pad because we washed Ayden's cover so much the stuffing was a little bit lumpy.
Made a ton of flower bow's, these all attach by velcro to the different bands.
I really wanna do some more off these, because I don't think there is anything cuter than a baby with ruffle's on their butt! :)
Some burp cloth's

6 comments:

Sara said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun! I don't nest in the cleaning way, either. Very sad...

Renee Richins said...

Very cute crafty stuff Marie. One of these days I'm going to get a sewing machine and ask you to teach me how to use it.
I'm excited for you to have your baby girl too, so I don't have to have one. :0

Clint and Tiffany said...

Woohoo for fun crafty stuff! And yay for you finally being in the groove to make it all! Very cute, and good idea for the velcro! Does that flower on the carseat also attach with velcro so you can change it? Time to start walking and eating hot food girly! Let's get that baby out of you!

Andy and Michele said...

Good job! I really need to get cracking. I'm so impressed with those flowers - you'll have to come teach us! Way cute stuff! Makes me almost wish I knew what I was having. But I actually like having an excuse to not be making anything gender specific! :) I know, I'm so lazy!

Bert and Benton said...

marie everything you made is ADORABLE!!! can you give me crafty lessons? I'll pay you, haha. but seriously how did you make your flower bows? I've made all sortd but have always wanted to do ones like that but don't know how

*Katie May* said...

I love it all!