Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Wow, it's already been four years! In some way's it feels as if we have been married forever but at the same time it seem's like just yesterday we were posing for wedding pics! What a wonderful four years it has been! We have been so blessed these last four years and have some amazing memories. And then there's the squirt! What an amazing kid we have! I'm pretty much in awe every day that Brian and I made such a cute kid! :) It's so funny to see little bit's of each of us in him.
I have been thinking a lot lately of our wedding day and I wanted to record some of the things that I remember about that day (while I can still remember some of it!)
  • I remember getting my hair done at Ric Erickson's the morning of my wedding. The nail woman who worked there (and had just done my nails the day before) was fired that morning. Let's just say she didn't take it well and had to be escorted out by the police! In her defense it was like the week before Christmas and it was a pretty crappy time to let someone go! Don't get me started on that....
  • I remember going to the bathroom in Burger King, veil and all, on the way to Mesa and a little girl called me a princess :)
  • I remember being about a million pounds thinner :)
  • I remember hiding out in the bathroom in the temple trying to get mascara out of my veil!
  • I remember sitting in the room they make you wait in before you go into the sealing room scared to death. I was NEVER nervous about getting married at all until then. I think they stick you in that room to weed out all the one's who really aren't ready!
  • I remember going into the sealing room crying. Then out of nowhere I started laughing uncontrollably. I also remember Brian's face of stone, showing no emotion which made me laugh harder.
  • I remember a gunfight
  • I remember my dad showing a REALLY humiliating slide show of me with about 50 different poses that I did while trying to get a good picture. I remember there being braces in the picture, not good!
  • I remember stuffing cake in Brian's face, and him being the gentleman that he is stuffed it right back!
  • I remember going to my grandma's house after the reception to open some wedding presents. While we were getting ready to leave I realized that I left my purse in my dad's car. It took him till around 1-2 in the morning to "find" my Grandma's house. Coincidence, I think not!
  • I remember the AMAZING hotel room Brian got for that night, which we only stayed in for a few hours :)
What a great day that was! It was perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better and a better four years! I hope our year's to come are just as good!

2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Happy Anni! What a fun post! I need to do that too if I can remember anything :S

Andy and Michele said...

Happy anniversary! It's seven years for us today - and it just keeps getting better. Can't wait to see you next weekend. Oh, and you look so lovely in your wedding dress!