So, today has been quite the day with Ayden. Without much success, I tried to clean our house today. It was pretty much impossible with a 2 year old that is one step behind you, not only messing up what you just did but making newer even worse messes on top of everything else! So, I very stupidly left out a container of Dawn dish soap, and sure enough found it's way into Ayden's hands. I walked in on him chugging the bottle and immediately freaked out and screamed for Brian to call poison control. After talking to the lady on the phone we found out that he should be just fine (he threw up alot of it). We did however find out that Dishwasher Detergent is extremely toxic and very dangerous if swallowed. I never knew this and am going out to buy a lock for our cabinets under the sink. So fyi, don't let your kids ever even come close to dishwasher detergent! Oh, the things you learn when your the mother of a 2 year old like Ayden. Other advise you may learn from our experiences include; Prunes are very effective for trying to flush a penny out of a toddlers system, a baby USUALLY only needs to fall down a flight of stairs once before they no longer try to fly down, and if your baby falls into a fire and singes their hair, spraying it with water and combing it gets the singed ends off :)
2 comments:
wowser I am glad he is ok! Yeah toddlers it's amazing they survive!
I read an interesting scripture today and I wish I had taken it to heart when my kids were little. (I seem to remember to be too busy....) It says, "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven." This totally explains how they survive so many of the pickles they get into. Cool AND scary! You're a great mom Marie! Hang in there and know that as tired and worried as you can be, Ayden LOVES his momma like no one else! And the Lord is your BIGGEST fan who ROOTS for your success!
Post a Comment