Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally getting into the Christmas spirit

So I am FINALLY starting to get some Christmas spirit this year! I put up my tree yesterday, which is way later than I normally do. Im usually begging Brian to let me put it up anytime after Halloween. I just haven't been in a holiday mood I guess. This year has been so stressful, and is just getting worse. I wonder if there will ever be a time when we can just breathe. But I made up my mind to at least get the Christmas tree out and set it up. It's a pretty lame tree, only 3 feet tall and pre-lit with colored Christmas lights (yuck :)). It kind of reminds me of the sad little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. But I had alot of decorations from last year and I think it looks pretty good! I had forgotten about these ornaments I made last year and was so excited to see them. I love homemade ornaments, and think they add a cute touch to the tree. Here are some pictures of our lovely little tree:I Love this star, I got it right before Brian and I got married!So anyway's since I havent blogged in a little while I'll briefly talk about what's been going on around here:
  • Brian is currently in the middle of finals week! He is so stressed out, trying to cram as much studying as he can in. Please remember him in your prayers, at least until Thursday! hehe
  • Ayden apparantly has been teething again, we found 2 new teeth today! That explains alot!
  • Ayden's been babbling alot and likes to imitate things that Brian and I do. Today I told caught him by the Christmas tree with an ornament and got after him. I waved my finger and said no, no, no. So now he goes up to the Christmas tree and waves his little finger and babbles no, no, no :)
  • I just did my first mystery shopping job on Saturday! I did it at Aeropostale in the mall. However, I signed up for it about 2 months ago and didn't even think about scheduling it for a Saturday this close to Christmas. The mall was HORRIBLE! It took me 20 minutes just to find a parking spot, ANY parking spot. There was not ONE empty spot in the entire mall parking lot. I ended up getting one at the very end of the parking lot after someone left. It was crazy! I have no plans on going back there until after December! Yuck!

6 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Super cute ornaments!! What is mystery shopping? We'll keep Brian in our thoughts, finals are never fun 'til they are over.

Stephanie Clites said...

when my youngest niece was born I went to help my sister and the oldest one did something and my sister did the whole 1 2 3 thing to her and she turned around like 10 minutes later and said 1 2 3 to the cat.... it was pretty funny. I love your ornaments!! Your tree is very cute and I couldn't even really tell its only 3 feet tall...

Our Ohana said...

Hey I know you don't know me but I knew Brian in college.

Could you tell me about this mystery shopping thing you did? Is it through a company? Do you get paid for it? I'm just curious how it works. You can either comment on my blog or email me:

jami_haban at hotmail dot com

Andy and Michele said...

Hey Girl! Love the tree and the homemade ornaments. Way cute! It's Thursday, so hopefully Brians finals are over and it all went well. Can't wait to see you guys! Oh, and happy anniversary!

Renee Richins said...

Cute tree Marie. Hope Brians finals went well and you guys can relax for the Holidays. Can't wait for you to come visit. Maybe there'll be a baby by then. :)

Reeds said...

Well I'v been a little out of the blogging world lately-but trying to make a come back-I love the tree! Merry Christmas!