So, Im ashamed at how long it's been since I have updated my blog, and hopefully I'll do much better in 2009! We spent Christmas with my family in Tucson, and it was SO nice to be home. We stayed quite a few days and it was great to be able to spend so much time with my family.The day before Christmas Eve we all got an AMAZING early Christmas present. My sister had her baby early! She wasn't due until the beginning of January so we were so excited that it happened early, and we were able to see the baby! And let me tell you, this baby is CUTE! They named him Easton David Richins. What a cute name! He weighed 9 lbs 3 oz and was 21 in long! How a baby of that size lived in my tiny sister I will never know! I got to spend all our time there cuddling with him! If I wasn't baby hungry before, I sure am now! hehe, It IS nice though to be able to hand him over to Renee if I get tired or if he gets fussy though! :) Renee is doing so good! It's such a painful and tiring time after just having a baby and she and Josh were nice enough to come hang out with us every day! This is such a cute picture of Renee and Easton in the hospital! She looks so great, cant believe she just had him in this pic!
Ayden had a great Christmas. He was definitely spoiled by everyone this year. He had a big circle of all his presents around him and seemed a little overwhelmed by them all! :) I've put most of them away and will rotate them out, so he will get to play with brand new toys every week or so. So far I have kept his truck, stacking cups and this giant ball maze (hard to explain) and they are keeping him way busy! Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Schmutz and Renee and Josh for all his many toys!Speaking of spoiled, Brian and I were pretty spoiled this year too! We got a new portrait lens for our camera, and I CANT WAIT to play with it! We have played around with it a little and it is AWESOME! Thank You SO MUCH Mommy and Daddy! They also got us a gift certificate to Cheesecake Factory and we are way excited about that! Renee and Josh (you stinkers) got us Scene It for XBox 360, which I LOVE! I love those kinds of games and its alot funner than the board game version.
While in Tucson, Brian and I had kind of a belated anniversary. My mom watched Ayden while we went to the mall and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Which I loved and Brian didn't so much :) It was just so much fun to get out and go on a date. I could probably count the number of dates we've been on since Ayden was born on one hand. It's pretty sad, so any time we can splurge and go out is AWESOME! Thank You so much Mommy and Daddy!
Now on to New Years! It was.... unique! I can safely say that I have never cleaned up baby throw up during the ball dropping! I had gotten all ready, curled my hair and did my makeup. Then about 5 minutes before the ball dropping I went in to wake Ayden up, only to find him covered in throw up. It was so sad! He popped up as soon as I came in and just stood there shaking! He was such a sad sick baby last night, and I felt so bad wondering if it was something I fed him or what. He NEVER throws up! In fact, this is the first time he has done real throw up and not just baby spit up. Anyways, Im sure you are all fascinated by my disgusting story but Im gonna stop! Oh and for a WONDEFUL New Years present, after I went to sleep, Brian cleaned the house!I didn't even ask him to! I woke up this morning and wondered were I was! hehe, It was such a great suprise and I am so lucky to have such a sweet husband!
So that's about all that's been going on here. I hope that everyone had Happy Holidays and that you will all have a fabulous 2009!

3 comments:
Easton must be a popular name in the family :) He is a cutie! I can't believe how big he was especially if he was early! WOW! No wonder she thought she was bigger this time! Sounds like a goood Christmas. Me and my Mom went to Benjamin Button too and I loved it. Sounds like Ayden has the stomach bug poor thing :( Happy New Year oh and that was VERY sweet of Brian! I wish Brendan would do that :)
That's such a big baby for your tiny sister! Sheesh, she looks great too! Must be nice. We had babies together again. That's a fun New Years surprise! It was sure fun to see you guys at Christmas time. Can't wait until you're here again!
Wow- Marie! You got a LOT going on - congrats to your sista. Sorry about the throw up-that is definately not fun. I am SO Totally impressed with Brian-it's amazing that he can be a stinker brother and a good husband -j/k he is a great brother-I was so excited that he called to wish me a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment