Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So much to say!

So I'll start with an update of Ayden. SO much has changed in the last week. He is now full-blown walking! He has been warming up to it for the last month or so, kinda taking a few steps away from furniture but falling soon after. He just wasn't too into it. Until about a week ago, I was at the computer and Ayden was crawling up to me when out of NO WHERE he all of the sudden stands on his own in the middle of the floor! It probably sounds lame, but I was SO proud! From that day on, he was determined! It is so cute, he still falls alot but instead of giving up and crawling he stands right back up and tries to walk again (even when he falls a million times in a row). He is getting pretty good now, and falls alot less. I guess this means I have to put shoes on him now! Now this is kinda of weird, but Ayden now loves pacifiers! I know this is horrible thing for me to allow, but he is teething again and anything that makes his poor little mouth feel better I'll give him! It's weird though, cause he never liked pacifiers as a baby. So it probably does just feel good on his gums. And I sure feel for him, I have a tooth ache and have to go to the dentist next week, yuck!

Things have been pretty normal around here. I have made it my new mission in life to be as frugal as possible. Im trying to do 2-week grocery shopping trips (instead of going a million times to pick up things I missed), I'm trying to limit my coupon deals to only things that I need (just because I can get it for almost free, doesn't always mean I should :)), and I'm trying to think of more free activities to do. See, my problem is that I hate spending a whole day not leaving the house, which usually costs some kind of money (gas, food, shopping, etc...). I'm, using the pool in our complex, going to the park, going to the library (which by the way, has an awesome selection of movies! I've watched all the 3 seasons of Grey's Anatomy and some I Love Lucy's so far!). My mom was so good when we were little to find fun and alot of times free activities and I want to do the same for Ayden, I just have to get a little creative.

I have been busy the last few weeks sewing baby slings for people. EVERYBODY is pregnant right now, we also have friends that are in the process of adopting! It's always this way, everyone gets pregnant (but me) and then I get baby hungry. It hasn't hit me YET, but I know by the time the last of the babies are here I'll be so surrounded by cute little newborns, it'll get me. I have been thinking about selling baby slings on-line. I am still trying to figure things out, but I'm really thinking about it. It would be so nice to have a way to make some money and still be home with Ayden. I just still have a lot to figure out, so we'll see! Anyway's this is WAY too long of a blog so Im gonna spare everyone and say goodbye!


Here is Ayden taking some of his first steps

1 comment:

*Katie May* said...

Wow I can't wait to see him next time and see his walking! That's great you are trying to do better at shopping it always makes it easier on the wallet :) Be careful with giving him a pacifer now if you decide to keep it a little I wouldn't let it go past 15 mo. that's when I took Gaige's away and he was totally fine but for Landon I waited till he was 18 mo and he has the hardest time getting over it, Just a little bit of advice you probably didn't want :) Anyway can't wait to see you guys next time :)