Monday, July 7, 2008

Rub a Dub Dub

It's so funny watching Ayden grow and his personality change. I don't know if there is such a thing as the terrible 1, but if there isn't there should be! Ayden has changed in the attitude department ever since he turned one and he can be a real stinker sometimes. His new thing is throwing little tantrums, like when we tell him no or take something away he's getting into. He throws his arms up and down and if you are unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity he hits you! And not on accident, he hits you and then gives a mean, crusty look. He did it to me the other day and I hit is hand (not hard of course) and told him not to hit. Brian just laughed at me and asked how I could hit him and then tell him not to hit. It's so frustrating, I don't know what to do when he acts like that. I don't want to spank our kids, but I don't know how to discipline him when he does something like that. This new little attitude is kinda scaring me! I don't know what is happening to my happy, smiley boy! Don't get me wrong, he still is happy and smiley, I guess he is just leaving the baby stage and entering into a terrifying world of being a toddler. Scary! He was such a stinker today and I was eyeing the clock all night to see if it was 8 o'clock yet (his bedtime). Finally he was just in such a bad mood that I decided to give him a bath. It was like night and day. He was having such a good time in there! It was so cute. It's funny how 5 minutes of him being cute and smiley erases all the frustration I had during the day. Anyways here are some pictures of him in his bath!
His two little front teeth are so cute! I LOVE them!
(Brian makes fun and say's they are like goofy's teeth :( )
He loves putting his hand under the running water, even though he get's a face full of waterHe is very into small round details, like buttons or screws in things. Weird, huh!

How could a baby this cute have been a little stinker all day!?!

3 comments:

Reeds said...

Oh Marie, I'm sorry Ayden has been a stinker, it's a good thing our kids are cute and sweet some of the time too-so we can almost forget the stinker times.

*Katie May* said...

You just have to remember when they are cute :) Because half the time that is how they are going to act. The joys of Motherhood :)

Sara said...

Marie, I joke that Reilly got an attitude for his first birthday. It was almost overnight - he turned from my sweet little baby into a grump. He's still fun though, and the attitude comes and goes now, thankfully.