So the other day I went to
CVS with
Ayden. He was horrible, he would cry if I made him sit in the cart and when I would hold him he would try to wriggle loose out of my arms. None of his toys would keep him entertained and he doesn't take a pacifier (which at times when he is screaming in the middle of stores I wish he would take one). I was so flustered and frustrated with him that I was sweating, turning bright red, and close on the verge of tears. Dramatic, I know, but it's stressful to deal with in the middle of a store by yourself. Then as I thought it couldn't get worse, he threw up TWICE all over the place! He has been like this the past week or two in EVERY store we have been to. He isn't teething so I know it isn't that. He has never been like this before, he was
always so good whenever I took him out. I am getting TERRIFIED of our upcoming trip to California, which is so sad because I have been looking forward to it for so long. He is fine if we stay at home and he has free reign, but going out anywhere has become a scary thing. If ANYONE has any advice I would be so happy to hear it! I want our California trip to be fun and not scary, but I just don't know what to do (especially what is age appropriate to do).
4 comments:
Well hopefully it is just a stage and he'll be out of it before Cali so you can enjoy yourself
What does he enjoy the most? Try to find a portable version of it to make shopping trips a positive thing for a while? Reilly loves watching dvds (so a portable dvd player helps on trips) and he loves to eat, especially fruit snacks. We save those for when we need extra bribery. I'm so sorry! Try to relax and keep trying things... like Katie said, I'm sure it's a stage. Hopefully it's one that will pass soon...
Hey Marie, I am so sorry. I don't have any advice but I have a story...We are never on time to church and one time we were a tad early so we sat somewhat close to the front and I don't remember if it was fast Sunday or 5th Sunday that they have the men bless and pass the sacrament but they asked Reggie. Anyway my kids were both upset and crying and sreaming and everything else-right in the middle of the quiet sacrament. I was so embarassed and was panicking a little and I did start to cry. A lady sent her son over to help and got Cooper calmed down and I was able to deal with Kira. It was so terrible, it made me almost not want to go on time anymore. Anyway I am so so sorry but I do feel your pain. Things will get better - I promise, even if it isn't till he leaves home;)
Post a Comment