Friday, April 25, 2008

swimsuit rant

My enemy, the monokini: So Brian and I went to the mall today to look for a swimsuit for me when we go to California next month. We went to every store that carried swimsuits in the mall and for one, we don't even come CLOSE to being able to afford anything there and second, there is not much in the way AT ALL to choose from when it comes to one-pieces. The ones that they DID have looked more like they were for a 70 year old woman than for me (at least when I'm older I'll have a much easier time :)). See, the new rage in swimwear seems to be these "monokini's". Its pretty much a bikini with a strip down the front middle. Even Target, the store that I thought couldn't fail me seem to have gotten rid of most their one pieces and have a ton of these monokini's. The REALYY sad thing is that these monokini's are so cute! They are made of cute fabric, why cant they just make one-peices that cute!?! So I have pretty much tried on EVERY one piece that we could afford and have been so disappointed. Not really any cute ones at all. I even went so far as to try on the dreaded monokini, only to be VERY sad. The only way you could get away with wearing one of these is well, if you can get away with wearing a bikini. Which I definitely can't and wouldn't even if I could. It's just so frustrating, I mean swimsuit shopping, for me anyways, isn't my idea of fun shopping, and to add the very depressing variety doesn't help much. I did however find a cute tankini top that is actually long! That is my problem with tankini's, the tops never seem to be very long. But I did find a cute long one. I really just want ONE one-piece though. So I guess I'll still be on the hunt for a while :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you tried Costco or Sam's Club for a swimsuit? That's where I got mine when I needed one.

Love,
Mom

*Katie May* said...

Good Luck!! I would look horible in that monokini too, to much flab would be hanging out :(

Reeds said...

I totally understand I wouldn't want a monokini either - well especially right now ;) I hope you find a suit. It is definately no fun looking when everything is so revealing. But you do look GREAT by the way. c-ya

Sara said...

That's what I was thinking - sometimes Costco has some cute one-piece speedos. That's where I got my last one. Well, you know. The last one that wasn't a maternity swimsuit. Never a good thing...

Bert and Benton said...

I hear ya! I stick to the "TYR"/Speedo" type for one pieces and go with tankini's for my cute ones. I hate swimsuit shopping though, so depressing. and Yeah, those monokini's are sick, I think they look a little whorish, more so than bikinis.