Monday, February 11, 2008

my big baby and the coupon lady

So first of all, I would really like to know what happened to my little baby. He is changing so much so fast! He is full blown crawling now AND sitting up. It's kind of sad cause when he sits up he is really unstable and wobbly, and he falls like straight back and cries. It's so sad and I'm so paranoid that he's gonna fall back on the edge or corner of something and get hurt. And just the other day he's been trying to climb up and stand up. He is getting really playful too. He will crawl over to me all excited with a big smile on his face and try to climb up on me. It's so cute, I just love it!
Okay and now the coupon lady. So I spent forever grocery shopping at fry's and came home and made dinner. Brian has been trying to get me to make a Texas Sheet Cake forever for him. So Im almost done making the batter when it calls for vanilla, we have none. So, I gotta run BACK out to the store and get some. I get what I need and go to check out and all the lines are totally full, and of course I get in the totally wrong line. I get behind this lady with a TON of stuff in her cart. She's got like 20 things of brownie mix, 20 cake mixes, 20 things of cookie mixes among some other groceries. So Im like that's okay it shouldn't be too bad they should be able to scan em pretty fast, which they did. But then she pulls out this stack of coupons like 2-3 inches thick! Im not kidding! She had like 100 coupons! I was just like, you have got to be kidding me. I had only a couple of things and she couldn't just let me go in front of her! Okay, so then after they scanned all of her coupons some of them didn't work and she was making a big huge deal out of it, the lady who worked there was like you may want to go in another line. So then I had to wait behind a bunch more people in another line! I was so annoyed. While they were scanning her coupons her daughter was like I want a candy bar, so her mom was like okay but you have to get these one's and you have to get 16 of them so I can use this coupon! Who in the world need's 16 candy bars, or a million cake mixes, and brownie mixes, and cookie mixes, and all the other junk she had in her cart. Anyway's, so I vented to Brian about this on the way home and he just laughed at me saying that that is what I am going to turn into cause of how into coupons I'm getting. But I really wouldn't ever do anything like that. She got hundreds of dollars worth of stuff for only a couple of cents (yes, she only ended up paying a couple of cents!). I think that's taking it too far and pretty much totally ripping off the store. I LOVE using coupons and getting good deals, but I think that some people take advantage of the deals and get carried away. Anyway's I'm done venting and I'll post some cute pictures of Ayden from the last couple of day's.

Here are some sleeping one's:
Just thought this was cute, he was all cuddled in the corner while taking a nap.
This one cracks me up. We left the room for like a second and came back and he was totally passed out in his exersaucer. So funny cause he's standing too! So stinken cute!

Here are some play one's:

Brian's throwning him in the air, he LOVES this!Being thrown. Can't see his face but you can see he's screamingBrian tickling Ayden
Here he is sitting up, it's so funny it look like he's trying to show you something.

9 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Cute pics. That lady must do coupon sense

Renee Richins said...

Are you sure that wasn't me using all those coupons? J/K I'm not that bad.
It's ladies like that, that cause me to have to get a raincheck!
Was this at Safeway because the brownie mixes ended up being free or 25 cents. As well as the cookie mixes and cake mix. I bought a couple and am making Valentine cookies today.
Don't worry about using too many coupons though. There are some limits on them, but the store gets reimbursed for every legitimate coupon.

Renee Richins said...

Ayden is looking so grown up in those pictures.

Bert and Benton said...

Marie, that is the funniest story! But you have to hand it to her for only paying a couple cents! My mom's done that where the store actually owed her money when it was all said and done. I don't know how they do it. But really, what mother tells their kid to pick out 16 candy bars?!?! YIKES!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Marie, I love to hear about your family, especially Ayden. I really like the pictures. They're so cute! I can't wait till you come visit us. I miss my little baby and my big baby.
Love, Mom

Reeds said...

Oh Marie, you are so cute, you just crack me up.

Skinners said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how big he is getting! I want to squeeze his legs!

Unknown said...

my favorite picture is the one where he fell asleep sitting up in that cute little chair thing. that's so adorable.