Friday, March 16, 2012

Old Tucson Studios

I am SO exhausted! But the kids are in bed, it's quiet and it's most likely now or never for blogging. Brian is out of town this weekend on a camping trip so as soon as he left we decided to par-tay! Okay... kidding. But we did decide to go have a little fun of our own and invited ourselves on my mom and brother's trip to Old Tucson Studios. I went there a LONG time ago with my family and had a lot of fun. We had SO much fun but I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Ayden had the MOST fun! He loved the whole place. The cowboys, the cheesy rides, the shows, exploring the town. This place was made for little boy's! It was a really great day, most times we go out or go on trips like this I feel so out of it. Like I'm not in the moment. I get so stressed and usually the day ends with a migraine. I have been working really hard at being more easy going and just enjoying all the activities we do. I think today was the first time I felt like I really had as much fun as the kids did. The weather was beautiful, my mom and brother were so helpful with the kids, my jogging stroller made walking around a breeze and (most importantly) BOTH kids were in great moods. Anyways, here are a ton of pics from our trip. 

Charlie looked super stylin in her new sunglasses!
we rode the train
Charlie took a few five minute cat naps throughout the day. Even with out a solid nap she was in a great mood the whole time.
 Ayden by the stage coach. 
Ayden and Charlie petting the donkey. About a minute after this photo my mom rescued Charlie from a near donkey poop grabbing incident! Yikes!
Ayden and Devin
 Charlie and Mommy on the carousel. 
Ayden loved all the guns!
 Towards the end of the day Charlie got so tired she could hardly keep her eyes open. The little stinker never gave up though! 
 We got to ride in a stage coach. Not my favorite mode of transportation! I can't believe that's how people traveled back then!
This is a replica of how a classroom would have looked. Crazy! 
 Scenery pics

5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

How fun! Glad ypu were able to enjoy the day! Love the new hair do.

Clint and Tiffany said...

What a FUN place!! We so need to take a trip and play there. And you look super hot chica!!! :O) Cute pics!

Andy and Michele said...

I want to go! Briggs would LOVE going to a cowboy town and he'd fit right in with his boots and hat! Plan a trip for us all to come visit you and go again! :)

Beth said...

How fun! That really looks like a place meant for little boys!

Reeds said...

How Fun! Good for you for being relaxed! I am glad it wasn't the sort of day that gives you a migraine. Miss you guys-even if we probably wouldn't be seeing you right now anyway :)