A friend on facebook posted a link to a friend of their's blog a couple of weeks ago asking people to pray for
this family. Their little baby had been dealing with a rare condition since she was only a few month's old. I got completely absorbed in their story reading through her blog. It is amazing this day in age how you can feel connected to complete strangers because of the internet. I was heartbroken to hear a few day's later that Ruby had passed away. Her mother, Ani, has a very beautiful way with words and I loved reading some of her posts. Just week's before Ruby passed she wrote
this post which deeply touched me as a mother. I am totally the old me! Not anymore! I need to look at my life in a new way. I LOVE my children more than anything, but I do tend to try to rush through life. Why? What am I rushing for? I want to savor my kids in the moment, instead of trying to just get through each day. My heart is broken for this family and I hope that the spirit is comforting them right now! Because of Ruby, I took some time to cuddle and love on my sleeping baby last night. I won't forget that moment and I hope to have many more!
1 comment:
That was seriously one of the most heartbreaking things to watch wasn't it? Makes you appreciate your kids soooo much more.
Post a Comment