Sunday, March 16, 2008

IM the coupon lady!!!

So yesterday I had a pretty interesting day. The morning was great, my friend Tiffany and I went to the mall for a while and hung out. When I got home I decided I'd make a quick run to get something to eat. I just grabbed keys, money and the baby and left. I went to Panda Express, ordered real fast, loaded a sleeping Ayden up and got in the car. It wouldn't start! So there I was stranded at panda express (which, I mean, there could be worse places to be stranded ;)). I called Brian who had just gotten to an auction over in Phoenix about an hour away. He said maybe it was the gas, so I went next door (I had to wake Ayden up and carry him cause I had no stroller) to this gas station to see if they even had a gas can, which they did. I was just trying to figure out how I was gonna carry a 21 pound baby and a gas can back to the car when Brian called Clint and Tiffany. Who came to my rescue. I felt horrible though, cause they were about 20 minutes away and had to come all the way over to get me. In the mean time Ayden was super upset about being woken up and was crying almost the whole time. Clint and Tiffany got there, put some gas in it and that wasn't it and it wasn't the battery. So they just took me home. Brian and Brendan had to tow the car back home (thanks Brendan!) and we haven't checked it out yet, but I'm hoping it's not anything too big because it would REALLY stink to have to share one car.
Okay so later that night Brian and I went to CVS really quick to get some contact solution. I looked around the store forever and couldn't find any so I asked the woman who worked there. She showed me where it was (right in front of me) and was like hey wait, your the coupon lady right? The one who does the extra bucks?! I was like uh yeah I guess, totally embarrased. And she was like I'm pretty sure you can get extra bucks on one of the contact solutions. She ran over to get a booklet showed me. I felt so dumb! I was like oh, Im just gonna get the cheap kind, but thanks :D So now IM the coupon lady! Great!

2 comments:

*Katie May* said...

ha ha ha that's great!! Thanks again for doing my hair LOVE IT!!

Jeremy said...

Poor Marie! I hope you get your car figured out. It was so fun to have lunch with you guys last week! And thanks for entertaining Jeremy the night before, as well. :) Hopefully we can see you when we come down this summer.